Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love this recipe

We LOVE this recipe for Spicy Romano Chicken. 


We've done really well counting calories lately, so when we had a day where we needed a higher calorie meal, I knew exactly what I wanted to make! It's SO GOOD!

According to my calorie calculator, this has about 965 calories per serving as prepared (makes 4 servings). Yauzers! 

However, when I made it last night, I used 1/2 the butter in the sauce (saving 200 calories). I estimate each serving was about 800 calories. 

Next time, I think I can cut back on the heavy cream too (saving MANY calories).

Now that I've exposed how neurotic I am about calories right now.....here is the recipe. 

The Sauce:
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 4 T butter
  • 2 tsp  salt
  • 1 – 2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 cup romano cheese
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 tsp cayenne pepper  *EDITED*  If you aren’t sure how much cayenne you will like, add a tiny amt and taste as you add until it’s to your liking!

The Rest:
  • 10 ounce package of bowtie pasta cooked and drained according to package directions – al dente.
  • 1 1/2 T melted butter
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained
  • 1 7-8 ounce precooked sliced grilled chicken 
  • 1/8 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 oz heavy cream


How To Make It:

Sauce:
  • Melt butter in saute pan or skillet. Add cream, salt and pepper, heat to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in cheeses and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
The Rest:
  • In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add mushrooms, and sundried tomatoes. Stir for one minute. Next add artichokes and chicken (and cooked sausage or other meat). Stir. Stir in 1 ounce heavy cream and 1/2 of the sauce. Add bowtie pasta followed by rest of the sauce. Stir gently. Serve.

If you're in need of a new dish to try, you surely won't be disappointed with this one!

1 comment: